The buildings,sports fields and gardens of St Francis' College are set in over 7 acres within the Letchworth Conservation Area (managed by the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation).
Built in in 1938, this building is the main entrance to the school. Its foundation stone was placed by Bishop Eugene van Rechem. Extensions were made to the Dining Hall, Chapel, and other large rooms in the 1960s. The Broadway Building contains inter alia the residential area for the boarders, classrooms, Sixth Form Centre, Head’s and her Deputy’s offices and some of the College administration staff.
In 1919, the Middle School was built, with Mrs Annie Besant, President of the Theosophical Education trust, laying a corner stone to mark the occasion. Later additions were constructed in 1924 round the central courtyard. The loggia, a large grassed area, is accessible through large french doors along the side of the Middle School.
It was built in 1924, along with the gymnasium, with seating for 330 (although the original capacity was 600). Originally it was intended to be an Assembly Hall, but at the eleventh hour the design was altered to add a fly tower and create a theatre. The statue of St Francis, above the entrance, was added in 1937. The theatre was refurbished in 2012 and is very much an integral part of the school. It is also used by the local community host plays, dance shows and talks.
A 1940s large school house that has wonderful space with light-filled classrooms. This was extended in 2015, to allow new purpose built teaching rooms.
Recreational and sporting facilities include a 20-metre, indoor heated swimming pool, tennis and netball courts, a sports field and adjacent grassed sports/playing area.
Anyone interested in hiring the facilities should contact Mrs Frances Burton on 01462 670511 or e-mail email@example.com