News

News Archive

View all articles

Follow us on Twitter

100th Anniversary of the Middle School

September 25, 2019

Today marks the 100th Anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone of the oldest part of the school that we now know as St. Francis' College. The building, with its loggia classrooms, was initially built for St. Christopher School so they could have a separate school building for secondary aged pupils. The foundation stone was laid by Annie Besant, a prominent British socialist and women's rights activist. Teaching began in this building in 1920. Now this part of the College is know as the Middle School and is used by St. Francis' College Senior school students.

Other News